Sunday, January 26, 2014

Welp.. This sucks

So as you all know, I had my second chemo treatment this week meaning we're officially finished with round one! There is good news and bad news that comes with that.. The good news is that we're already finished with one round of treatment, but the bad news is we actually have one more additional round of chemo. As we went in to check with Dr. Halawni before treatment on Thursday, he told us that we are actually doing four months of treatment rather three. Just a little setback I guess. I'm willing to go through whatever it's going to take to get me back to 100%!

As far as my symptoms have been this time around... not as fun as the first treatment. The nausea is REAL. I can't get out of bed without feeling lightheaded and queazy and needing to throw up. Unfortunately the medication I take to help control the nausea makes it so that I cannot throw up, or release pressure from the other end either. (Sorry if that's too much information!) Lucky for me though, I have new symptoms to worry about. Like swollen gums and mouth sores all down my throat, or a tender scalp and the loss of my cotton candy pink hair. Yep... My hair has officially started falling out. My dad and a bunch of his friends from work have decided to make a party about it so Tuesday the 28th at noon we will have a huge head shaving party! If you're a guy and willing to shave your head or if you just want to come party with us let me know and I will get you the address! It's gonna be fun and we'll have food ;)

As of right now I've just been snuggling my lovely couch pretty much 24/7 waking up for the occasional  snack. My tastebuds have changed for the worse so a lot of foods that I'm craving or would normally love taste horrible and metal-y. And because of all of my new awesome symptoms you could guess that I'm a little grumpy. Sorry Mom, Dad, Brian, Bobby and anyone else that I may have freaked out on.. 

Love you all! Xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Mashed potatoes saved me. Hang in there, I'm pulling for you. Patty.

    ReplyDelete