Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bald Heads, Photoshoots and A Lot of Selfies

I'm not very good at this whole updating the blog thing! I'll get the hang of this eventually, just in time to kick the cancer and get healthy again! We are currently in week five of this chemo nonsense and I'm a little sick of this already. This week has been the hardest by far, and the treatments seem to get worse each time too. By the end of all this, I am going to be unbreakable.

Between the last post and now, my hair has been falling out like crazy! My parents (and stepmom) has been so supportive of this and I couldn't be more blessed! My dad organized a head shaving party last week at his work and you would be blown away by the amount of guys that are willing to shave their heads for me! Including one of my best friends from junior high school who flew out from Arizona to be there. (I told every girl that offered to shave her head to show support for me, that I wasn't comfortable with that. Just because I have to be bald, there's no sense in making you bald too!) But on the note, a HUUUUGE shootout to Shelby Mall, the sweetest friend of mine from high school, for cutting off all of her hair to donate to locks of love! You are so selfless, it means more to me than I know! 
I chose to wait to shave my hair for a couple of days though so that I could make a photoshoot out of it with one of my dads best friends! (He also wins the prize for the most rad guy I know too.) I wish I could post some pictures from it but he's entering them into some killer art show so you guys will have to wait to see them! Okay maybe I'll post a few behind the scenes...

Another killer thing happened this weekend and if you're friends with my on Facebook you can see that my grandma chose to dye her hair pink too! She makes it look way better than I do.. Love you to the moon and back! <3


And last but not least, today we started round 2 of chemo (my third session). Unfortunately as I said earlier they seem to get worse and worse. My mom and dad normally come with me to chemo but my mom was out of town for work so it was just me and my dad this time. We tried to keep it as fun as possible but unfortunately the words, infusion room and fun don't really go together all that well. At least we tried!


This is Adriamyacin. It's the A in ABVD. They call in the Red Devil and the name couldn't be more fitting. This is what changes my taste buds and makes everything taste like metal. YUCK.
My dad just wigging out






And to end wrap up the last two weeks in the post, I might as well leave you with a sick and bald selfie of me doing my best to survive my third treatment! Xoxox!




4 comments:

  1. You look beautiful. And so does your dad. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis, I am a friend of Alec McMorris, I found your blog through his mom's Facebook page. I just have to tell you, you are rocking the bald. Rocking it! You are beautiful inside and out. Thank you for blogging about your journey, I have been following it since the first post and I pray for you all the time. I know all about life throwing curveballs, though mine was significantly easier (I had my daughter sixteen weeks early when I was barely eighteen), but you seem to be handling this with such grace. You inspire me to be more optimistic about life, you don't know how much you've affected me and we have never even met! Keep being awesome, I'm always praying for you and your family. I'm just in West Jordan, let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you Allie!! I'm glad that I could have a positive affect on you it means so much to me. Xoxox!

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't mind, but I just used a photo of your grandmother in a blog post. I explained why her hair was pink and provided a link to your blog.

    http://www.sublimemercies.com/2015/03/fiercely-feminine-mature-women-in-pink.html

    ReplyDelete